Senior UX Strategist
We are looking for a Senior UX Strategist able to understand client business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The Senior UX strategist will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help solve challenging problems with value-led, experience-based solutions.
- Shape UX strategies working with a multi-disciplinary team of technologists, management consultants and experienced designers.
- Run discovery and or client solution strategy, developing client vision, roadmaps, high-level target solution designs and experiences.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude and strong business acumen.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, in a non-hierarchical environment, with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Expert in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content, user experience)
- The ability to present design ideas with clarity and passion, and to receive feedback with open-mindedness
- Analytical, strategic, problem solving ability.
- Communication skills in a clear, persuasive way.
- Good judgement, strong integrity, maturity and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information.
- Strategic thinker: Ability to plan ahead to achieve ambitious business growth targets.
- Prioritisation and conflict management.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Design, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.